Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Instuments / Avionics / Electrical System
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2008, 10:26 PM

Default Warning Circuit

Hi All -

FYI the attached file shows a slight tweak I made to the original Rutan warning circuit:
- a green 'gear down' lamp was added which is ON anytime gear is down
- the canopy lamp is ON anytime the canopy is unlocked

The circuit retains the original features -
- red gear lamp ON & Warning Horn ON when: canopy locked + gear up + throttle retarded
- gear/throttle warning horn defeat switch
- canopy lamp ON & Warning Horn ON when: canopy unlocked + throttle advanced

I've also got a wiring diagram for my entire VariEze (basic panel + alternator + starter) if anyone is interested.

Regards,

SPG1
Arlington, Tx
Attached Files
File Type: pdf warning.pdf (87.3 KB, 28 views)
Old 04-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Warning Circuit

Good stuff - i'll take a serious look at it when designing my system, right now i am in the middle of cooling, intake manifold and engine controls

three subjects is about all i can take at a time!

Question though - could a ballast needed/unneeded item be added. If front passenger seat is occupied and ballast compartment is full or if passenger seat is empty and ballast is empty? Needed in a cozy
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 04-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Good stuff - i'll take a serious look at it when designing my system, right now i am in the middle of cooling, intake manifold and engine controls

three subjects is about all i can take at a time!

Question though - could a ballast needed/unneeded item be added. If front passenger seat is occupied and ballast compartment is full or if passenger seat is empty and ballast is empty? Needed in a cozy
Just put in an automotive seatbelt not fastened warning system.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:55 PM

Hi All -

Attached is my wiring diagram for my basic-panel VariEze. The diagram isn't pretty, but it is complete. It is amazing how many wires are needed!

This diagram uses the warning circuit which I posted previously, and I also added a red fuel lamp, wired to go on whenever the fuel handle is UP. This plane is wired with a master (battery) and starter relays. It also includes the B&C alternator diagram, along with the OverVoltage regulator (with an amber ALT overvoltage light on the panel.) It also includes a few extra wires run fore-aft for future enhancements.

I've run 17 wires to the aft/starboard firewall, and included a diagram for those as well. Only one wire, the heavy 2-gauge starter leads runs along the port side in my plane, going from the battery relay to the starter.

The use of colors, dashes and thickness doesn't mean anything other than to help follow the wire. Ideally, I should call out wire gage, which wires are shielded, etc.

I'd be happy to send anyone the powerpoint version of this, so you can modify to suit your needs.

Regards,

Sean Gillen
Arlington, Tx
Attached Files
File Type: pdf fwd.pdf (79.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: pdf aft.pdf (36.3 KB, 19 views)