Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > Just plane canard talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Default Rough River 2008 - Personal Problem

My wife is sick, far too sick for me to leave for a weekend.

I have the money for the lunch and can buy ALL the food and supplies for it. People were very generous last year!

I have 2 volunteers, doug and neverquit.

doug lives in a different city and greg is driving a sports car.

Getting Volunteers in past years was painful and many tried to cancel after volunteering, but, if lunch is desired I need a driver to get the supplies to Rough River and Volunteers to serve it.

I am just north of Detroit
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 08-31-2008, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Rough River 2008 - Personal Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
My wife is sick, far too sick for me to leave for a weekend.

I have the money for the lunch and can buy ALL the food and supplies for it. People were very generous last year!

I have 2 volunteers, doug and neverquit.

doug lives in a different city and greg is driving a sports car.

Getting Volunteers in past years was painful and many tried to cancel after volunteering, but, if lunch is desired I need a driver to get the supplies to Rough River and Volunteers to serve it.

I am just north of Detroit
i will drive down from Louisville int'l and i have a SUV i can fill with food in your absents, and you will be missed
i hope she feels better soon.
if all agree, i can spent the cash from last year on the food for this year ?
did you get your cash back for the b%#r last year ? any hows, call me you bum....
Old 08-31-2008, 11:56 AM
Finally at Chapter 4!

I too will not be going. I will be out of the country most likely.

I hate to miss this and would have gladly brought down the Kowalski's, etc. in my veggie burner.

However, I will not be, but my thoughts and prayers will be going out to dust and his wife that they will endure this bump in the road of life and that we see dust and Max at RR next year with wide grins on both.
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
Old 09-01-2008, 07:21 PM

Dust,

I'm truly sorry to hear of the illness in the family. RR will always be around, obviously. Take care of yourself and the Mrs... See you next year.

Remi
Old 09-02-2008, 06:01 PM
G.Norman

Stevo (and anyone else-hopefully) and I got yer' back this year. That's a hellava buddy you got there in WA!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks a lot all - looks like lunch will again, for the 4th or 5th year, be a hit
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 09-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Well, the lunch plans are moving along quite well, steve, doug and neverquit are handling it.

A huge cooking pot and burner is needed and i am buying one and having it dropped shipped to doug to take to the lunch. He conveniently will supply the propane tank.

Hopefully i can just leave it with him to bring each year, I'm quite sure that i will be back next year.

For those of you that are concerned about money, cause i am making millions on this lunch.

i am taking the three hundred out of the money collected last year to partly reimburse me for money spent, i am buying the pot for 70 bucks. I spent 200 or more each of the prior years on the lunch.

I will buy the kowalski dawgs, send them with neverquit and send ALL of the money, including my reimbursement money for last year for the supplies for this year.

In other words, i will still have paid 300 bucks out of my pocket for last years lunch.

I am buying the pot with my own funds.

When done, Steve will send me any money collected so i can fund next years lunch.
dust

Old 09-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

how can i forget rich from colorado! - he is bringing mustard, catsup and krout! on his MC
dust

Old 09-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

i guess i did not make it clear - i am buying the pot and burner out of my pocket
dust

Old 09-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

pot is on the way

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=012

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=012
dust

Old 09-08-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
i guess i did not make it clear - i am buying the pot and burner out of my pocket
i dont get it?? did you burn your pot or your pocket ?/?

Old 09-09-2008, 12:28 PM
G.Norman

C'mon Steve! Don't you understand anything??? He said he burned his pocket so he ran to the pot! ie: "buying the pot"...Stay away from those habernaros.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

OK, here it is

last year i collected 485, 60 went to reimburse the pop guy, that leaves 425
i am sending 300 to steve to get the food listed and i am spending 120+6% on dawgs.

Note that there is no ice, water or beer, if you wants it bring it! It would be nice if someone could ice the pop down at 10:30, that is about the time that steve should show up with the food.

Neverquit will have the dawgs

Doug will have the cooker and propane for the dawgs

Ed will have the stove and pots for the chili

Steve or doug or rick or ed will send me the collections this year and i will see to it that there is lunch next year. This is the 4th year of the lunch. As i have paid for 90% of the lunch each of the past 3 years it became expensive. Now that the contributions pay for the food - it can continue.

Code:
Item	Manufacturer	Size	Quantity	Cost Per Unit	Total
Pop	Various	24 Pack	10	7.5	75
Relish - Sweet Pickel		1/2 Gallon	1	4.75	4.75
Chili	Hearthstone	6 LB	3	7.99	23.97
Foil Pans		Half Size	6	0.99	5.94
Paper Plates	Kitchen Essentials	100 Pack	4	2.29	9.16
Spoons	GFS	125	2	5.79	11.58
Serving Spoons	GFS	7 Pack	1	4.79	4.79
Potato Salad/Southern Style	GFS	10 LB	4	8.49	33.96
Potato Salad/American	GFS	10 LB	4	8.49	33.96
Macaroni Salad	GFS	10 LB	2	8.99	17.98
Cole Slaw	GFS	10 LB	2	8.99	17.98
Hot Dog Buns	Aunt Millies	16 Pack	15	1.99	29.85
Cooler Styrofoam	if available	50 Qt.	3	2.19	6.57

Hot Dogs		25 Pack	12	10	120
				plus tax on all	

mustard ketchup & kraut	rick hall
Attached Files
File Type: xls RoughRiver.xls (26.0 KB, 23 views)
dust

Old 09-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

yeah - where is my head - greg will bring the money back - greg - neverquit - he lives close
dust

Old 09-24-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
yeah - where is my head - greg will bring the money back - greg - neverquit - he lives close
the wording would read like this.. bring back yours.........