Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Instuments / Avionics / Electrical System
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

Default Autopilot Decision

I've been plane too busy with work, a good thing, to actually build anything, but i have talked to a buddy that fly's a lot and a lot IFR and he swears by and not at the trio Pro Pilot + GPSS+GPSV Options. more than i thought an autopilot should cost, from what i hear, well worth the expense.

Tomorrow i'll make a call to my local avionics shop that i bought a radio stack from a few years ago and see if they can get the servos for me.

Time to install them!
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 02-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Autopilot Decision

servos ordered
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 03-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

servos are here, now to install them. I really dislike imbedding screws into the plane. I have been contemplating how to install the pitch servo and figured it out, i'll imbed piano hinge to make the mounting plate removable.

Don't mind imbedding brackets, just bolts and nuts, really like things to be repairable.
dust

Old 04-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

mounting plate is done, riveted and ready to flox and glass in place
dust

Old 04-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

like everything i seem to do, don't like the mounting place i had chosen, found a better one, in front of the wheel well to a bell crank on the control tube.

the mounting plate i made still works, with minor modification to be made with a cut off wheel on a die grinder.

that will be in this weekend
dust

Old 04-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

mounting plate too high, being shortened as i write

dam this stuff is tuff, can't seem to get anything right the second time, always seems to be a third time
dust

Old 04-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

well the servo mounting plate was shortened in both ength and heigth and really looked promising for a perfect fit.

not so, sooooooo i raised the nose gear, shined in a light and verified that nothing is in the area and i could notch the wheel well.

notched it, tonight i'll glass is, now i have a notched wheel well
dust

Old 05-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

the other days, yep days, i glassed in the lower piano hinge, then floxed the plate to the plane, then floxed the top hinge and glassed the top to the plane and the bottom to the wheel well, finally that mounting bracket is in.

now on to the nose gear black box, then the roll trim autopilot servo.
dust