Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > Just plane canard talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2004, 01:01 AM

Default RoLL CaLL...chapter ?

i would love to here how u all r doing ? like i'm new and on chapter 4 or i'm old and on the same dam chapter i was on this time last year or i'm wizzing though chapter 18,hit the loto and this thing just builds it self......that sorta stuff. OK i'll start .......hi im steve ,on chapter 9a-13
Old 08-26-2004, 08:25 AM

Ch. 1 Page 1...
Old 08-26-2004, 09:38 AM

end of chapter 7, middle of chapter 9. Its going a bit faster than I thought it would. I get to spend 2-3 nights a week and most weekends working on it.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

you know, i just don't know the chapter, just finished installing fuel tank blisters and this week we will, i don't know, maybe preasure test a tank, maybe installing the windows in the turtledecks, installing turtledecks and canopies. Just plane fun.

Oh yeah, finish the nose gear reinforcement
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 08-26-2004, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleTurtle
Ch. 1 Page 1...
Same, but I'm being different and building an E-Racer. My apartment doesn't have room for Chapter 1, which starts with, "Aquire 2 sheets of 4'x8' foam and..."

So, I think maybe I'll start with the bulkheads. What's a good way to blow up quarter scale drawings accurately?
Old 08-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Chapter 4

Ch1., Page 1
I have put about 100 hrs and 1500 dollars into my workshop. This, to me, is Chapter 0. Its fun building stuff, no matter what it is, and I'll have a great shop to build the Cozy in.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:42 PM

Ch. 1 page 1

I'm wating for some disposable money, and a decision on if I have to move across the country.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Finally at Chapter 4!

Chapter... uh... help me out here dust.
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
Old 08-26-2004, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust
Oh yeah, finish the nose gear reinforcement
Dust, could you elaborate on the nose gear reinforcement? I know you talked to an engineer, but I didn't exactly understand where and how you intend to reinforce it. Pictures??
Plans #000

Redesigned 4-place canard.
500+ hrs into prototype build, Start Oct. 1, 05

(also build a MkIV fuselage, w/plans #1279)
Old 08-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

I promise, i promise i will and i also have a suggestion on how to do it from scratch, lighter. Will draw that and pic the retrofit
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 08-27-2004, 10:45 AM
w/ Spinner and Paddlefoot

Default Hurricane proof..

I am still stuck at the end of chapter 9 as far as actual BUILDING process goes..
but, I am in the process of collecting materials and so on for the rest of it.
Somebody keeps putting stuff in my garage and making things a little too cozy for my Cozy (me) and my business is taking off faster than Greg Richter's Cozy. But, that's ok. Now I can afford to buy more airplane stuff
Inches away from the hurricane damage and rebuilding efforts and 125 miles from John's "Sladecraft" , the overall feeling is: Get the stock airplane built and try for a "Super Cozy" later. If my airplane was built and I was flying it, I would be home more hours instead of watching tail lights on the interstate. I'll be 50 in 2 years and I want to have it done by then. After all, there's no handicapped parking on the ramp, and when I am 80 and have built my "Super Cozy"
I won't be able to chase it down the ramp using a "walker". Of course, I could start building a "Super (rotary powered) walker" now. Then, when I need it I'll have it...
Ah! nuts! I'm getting distracted again!
At least my oldest son just turned 21. I won't have to stop to go get beer anymore...
I must be off...

BTW Thanks for the avatar Aaron..

Last edited by Clutch Cargo : 08-27-2004 at 10:47 AM. Reason: yes, there was.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:01 PM

Finishing my last minor layups on the airframe before revisiting the finishing process of mix, apply, sand, repeat of micro to make it all look pretty.....it looks really ugly/messy now.....well, not to me .

My friend David Staten is starting to work on the firewall back stuff......on a Velocity SE with a rotary. Slow build kit (as opposed to fast build option costing an extra $18,000.00) delivered on June 9, 2002, so just over two years building.

All the best,

Chris
Old 08-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Determined Builder 98+18%

After just about 3 years +/- a week, I'm on the last page of the thick book (1) with a half dozen deferrals to look after. Should knock a couple of them off today too!

A chunk of book 2 is "started", and since it's upside down right now, trying to make some of the bottom look "pretty" at the same time.

Attaching the sumps today too Dust! but I've already done my pressure-test of the tanks.
Fair in some gear covers and gear doors and fill and sand and repeat as necessary!

Canopy and firewall really soon! Maybe if we get it flipped today, get the firewall mounted and the engine mount reinforcements started as the mount should arrive in a couple weeks!

Last edited by UFO Builder : 08-28-2004 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Chapter 19 and 23

Half way thru chapter 4. Bulkheads looking like real plane parts

Engine ported, but Bruce suggested lapping the sides to keep rust stains from burning out side seals. Hope to have them back in a couple of weeks.

Bob
Old 08-28-2004, 06:11 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

I'm still in chapter 29 - preflight testing. Installed the new turbo today. Plenty of work to do before she flies again - maybe early next week. Maybe not - the engine monitor seems very sick.

If things go REALLY well I'll get the remaining 32 hours flown off (and remaining testing done) and fly it to Rough River.