Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > Great Threads that can plane help builders, lurkers and fliers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2005, 06:02 PM
It's all Greek to me

Default Temperfoam / Memoryfoam seat cushions

There's a 3 " thick MemoryFoam matress topper on sale at Overstock.com for $129.99. The twin size at 37 X 72 " should be enough for all seat cushions of a Cozy.
Kumaros
It's all Greek to me
Old 01-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

great find, now i just have to do the research on the 3 densities we need - anyone out there knows
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 01-03-2005, 06:49 PM

I don't know where I read it, but I remember someone saying that the foam they use on these beds in not the same as any of the three grades of temperfoam that are recommended. I seem to remember them saying that the bed foam is about twice as soft ad the softest tempurfoam.

As you can tell I'm not very difinitive on this. I'm not at this stage yet, so I didn't remember the details, just that the bed stuff is suspect, and to check it out when I do get there.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:21 PM
David Crosby

I know a guy who used to be in the business of a/c upholstry and he outfitted his Stinson 108-3 with the temperfoam stuff. It took us all the way from Calif to OSH last summer in fine foam...er, form and relative comfort. He uses three different densities in different areas of the seat. I will ask him for more information. I know we have a slightly different setup, e.g., no seat springs, composite seating area and a reclining seatback.

David
Old 01-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Quote:
great find, now i just have to do the research on the 3 densities we need - anyone out there knows
There really isnt room for 3 * 1 inch sheets. By the time you have the seats in you wont be able to get your legs under the IP. A few have tried it and thrown out one sheet. I have one sheet of blue, and one of green. I think these are medium and high density.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:28 PM

Right... future note: make seat 2" lower.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

I think I used the same supplier, but used only 2 (full) sheets - green & blue.