Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Just plane stupid comments and conversations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Starting chapter 14 !!!

Over here we call that a corn dog. My friend got food poisoning from one at a county fair as a kid, and to this day just the mention of a corn dog makes him vomit.

Mustard for me too.

Kraig

Oh yea, Airplane......
Old 09-09-2006, 10:53 AM

Sheeshs... I'm on again off again every few days. Now I'm headed to Orlando for two weeks. I won't know for certain whether or not I'm going until I'm headed there and get deep in the dark woods beyond pager distance...

Anyone looking at bringing stuff for cold sandwiches? I have one of those big coolers and can buy stuff in Nashville on Friday, but I'm not certain it will stay cool until Saturday lunch even with a few bags of ice and those blue ice packs. Anybody get a room at the lodge with a refridgerator?
Old 09-09-2006, 11:15 AM
The MissAdventures Cont'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig
Over here we call that a corn dog. My friend got food poisoning from one at a county fair as a kid, and to this day just the mention of a corn dog makes him vomit.

Mustard for me too.

Kraig

Oh yea, Airplane......
Hey, bring him along for the fun of it, "Hiya -CORNDOG- howya doing?"
Surprised they have not put a hot dog up the middle of a twinkie (a Hostess twinkie) battered and deep fried it and served in a dish with two scoops of vanilla with hersheys syrup on it, sure, we're all just big boned.
I lived a sheltered life...sort of, never even knew what a corn dog was till turned loose for my first semester of college, whats that? Ick, I'll try one... oh, I'll take another, and another... I think at some point I had one each day. I developed a penchant for ketchup on corn dogs but otherwise I prefer hot english mustard. -AILERON-
...Chrissi

CG Products
www.CozyGirrrl.com - all new pages
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 09-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Rotary Powered Velocity

Quote:
Nice to have another Ironbutt member here. I have three saddlesore's behind me and am going to do a BunBurner Gold next. Not hard on a 2002 Goldwing.

HOLY CRAP

I get uncomfortable after an hour or so.. and 90 mins is about the limit for one setting/leg of a trip.. This is on a V-star 1100... Houston to Dallas took me 5 hours and wore me out...

I cant imagine 1000 miles in one day on a bike (with MY equipment)... maybe i need to get the better seats.. or just get the goldwing...

Dave
Old 09-09-2006, 03:38 PM
builder wannabe

Quote:
Over here we call that a corn dog. My friend got food poisoning from one at a county fair as a kid
ahhh well live and learn... growl, it irritates me - vendors who sell rotten food, growl... poor kid.. I sell food as well, and.. errr, rudder and stick, yeah, heh heh, rudder and stick !! Good save!
Old 09-09-2006, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy Girrrl
Deep fried hot dawgs? Must be a southern thing, this something that started at NASCAR or something?
...Chrissi

Yeah, we'll fry anything in the south.
Hope nobody had their hearts set on fried hot dogs, it boils water as well as oil.

Ryan
Old 09-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

The water there stinks - can you bring some to cook in with the pot?
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 09-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Finally at Chapter 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust
The water there stinks - can you bring some to cook in with the pot?
Yeah, dust had this thing about coffee made with the local water. Myself, I could never taste the difference with the water.
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
Old 09-09-2006, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplafleur
Yeah, dust had this thing about coffee made with the local water. Myself, I could never taste the difference with the water.
Step away from the epoxy! That water could gag a maggot, ruins the coffee, even the ice cubes. Do we need a Wiki on Rough River tap water?
...Chrissi

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 09-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

WOW two days in a row with someone agreeing with me
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 09-09-2006, 08:59 PM
mdswitzer

as it is now, unless the 182 comes up free that weekend so i can make a day trip out of it, i wont be able to make it (its a 6 hour drive for me)

and unless i drag the Fairlane out of the back of the barn the only thing I have that I can count on getting there is the F350 & diesel is $3.20/gallon, that would cost more than the 182

a couple weeks ago the fecal matter hit the impelling device (from all sides at once)

and between ATF trying to shut down one of my busineses & the county building & zoning department & a couple construction jobs I'm about to go postal & on top of everything else its harvest time now

I'm lucky to even have time to get on the internet at all right now
Old 09-09-2006, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdswitzer
and between ATF trying to shut down one of my busineses.....
OK, drop that juicy bomb and leave us wanting
...Chrissi

CG Products
Cozy Mk-IV RG RX Turbo
Old 09-09-2006, 11:09 PM
mdswitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy Girrrl
OK, drop that juicy bomb and leave us wanting
...Chrissi
I have a manufacturer's license since back in the early 90's i was doing some design work for a major defence supplier on the advanced battle rifle project. After Clinton killed the funding i kept the license & have been doing some gunsmithing out of the house, mostly in the winter when i'm not busy with farming, and some occasional engineering for some of the big gun companies.

(does United Defence qualify as a big gun company? after all they do make the 5" naval gun )

Since the NRA got the gun show bill passed ATF's new tactic to shut down gun shows is to get rid of the dealers - most gun show dealers use their home address, and technically most zoning wont let you do retail out of anything but commercial zoning. So they are using the "complies with all state & local laws" clause to shut down anyone who's registered address is residential zoning. My county's rules actually allow 95% of what I am doing, since it falls under their definition of an acceptable home business, but if I was just a dealer & not a gunsmith I'd be screwed. (Plus I've got the engineering business & the farm, & most of my gunsmith customers are local LEO's, who are all realy pissed right now & not cooperating with ATF, which may or may not be helping me)

But I've got 3 custom orders in the last week & I've miraculously had to clean several department issue MP5's (that didnt really need it), but it's been a major PITA on top of the other things happening right now
Old 09-09-2006, 11:12 PM
mdswitzer

Oh, BTW if you want a M2 50 cal to mount in your strakes i can help you out ( semi-auto only, of course )
Old 09-10-2006, 01:43 AM
Rotary Powered Velocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdswitzer
Since the NRA got the gun show bill passed ATF's new tactic to shut down gun shows is to get rid of the dealers - most gun show dealers use their home address, and technically most zoning wont let you do retail out of anything but commercial zoning. So they are using the "complies with all state & local laws" clause to shut down anyone who's registered address is residential zoning.
Sounds like the new rider for the NRA to get attached next session - that specifically excludes compliance with local zoning ordinances. It would pass. Easily.

Dave