Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Just plane stupid comments and conversations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Finally at Chapter 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverquit
I got the pop covered. M.Dew, Pepsi, Coke, Sprite, Faygo?

I Got 1 big cooler w/ice. Probably need one more if anyone has one.

A canopy would be nice if it rains if anyone has one as well.
DIET Mountain Dew
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...ions/76225.gif
Old 09-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

weather looks GREAT

http://www.weather.com/activities/re...ocid=US0595:13
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 09-29-2005, 06:15 PM

... rub it in.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplafleur
DIET Mountain Dew
Crab juice?
Old 09-29-2005, 11:28 PM
A builder at last.

I just bought 4lb of Coleslaw & 4lb of Macaroni salad. I'm also going to squeeze in the card table into the trunk tonight.

Gotta go squeeze everything in the car tonight!!

Will anyone like to trade a couple pounds of coleslaw for a ride in a LEZ or VEZ, Berkut? I've never been up in one, only had a ride in a MK IV.
Celebrating four years of NOT building.

You are buildin a dam airplane from scratch and you do not know what you are doin!!!! - Dust

-Inspired by Burt, designed by Nat, built by me. (Hopefully)

www.Cozy1200.com - just pics and misc ramblings
Old 09-30-2005, 12:36 AM
Starting chapter 14 !!!

Hey,
I've never had a ride in any of them.
I have never even seen one in person yet!!
Do rookies get first dibs?
Kraig
Old 09-30-2005, 02:41 AM
A builder at last.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

All you have to do is ask. ...Ask Dust that is - he loves to arrange rides.
Celebrating four years of NOT building.

You are buildin a dam airplane from scratch and you do not know what you are doin!!!! - Dust

-Inspired by Burt, designed by Nat, built by me. (Hopefully)

www.Cozy1200.com - just pics and misc ramblings
Old 09-30-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Cheap Avgas

For those flying in from the south, cheap LL100 near Rough River at Jamestown (2A1), as reported on the Matronics list

"Stormy and wife just trekked to Nashville, and found (relatively) cheap fuel on
AirNav before we left the house... $3.00/gal (incl. all taxes) at Jamestown,
TN (2A1). Guy says he figures he has enough for three weeks at that price.
At 2 in the afternoon, I was the second purchaser he'd had all day. I guess
the moral is Location, location, location."
Old 09-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Cozy MKIV #1417

Default Rough River

Hey Dust,

I live only 2.5 hours from RR in Lexington, so it would not be any trouble for me to bring a table and chairs or anything else that might be needed. Just let me know. How about dessert, would you like for me to bring some. Just let me know what is needed.

I looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow, it's hard to think about work today. It looks like the weather is going to be GREAT!! Wives, may want to bring a sweater or like jacket for the morning and evening hours.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:32 AM

After meeting the Cozy Girls in St Louis we have been inspired.
Myself (John Welch) and a friend (Phil Miller) are both planning Cozy construction, and we are headed to Rough River to take pictures and check out all of the great hardware.

We would both be up to offering bribes for rides as well...

See y'all down there..
Old 10-01-2005, 01:45 AM
LEz - N555LE Q - N555QA

Well, sadly after planning to come up to Rough River to meet the crowd tommorow it turns out that my work schedual was changed while I was in Indiana for the beginning of the week. Guess that scratches it for this year... maybe next.

Hope you guys are having a blast and I look forward to the pictures.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Last year i found it sort a hard to meet allot of the people there - this year the luncheon we threw solved that. thanks everyone for contributing - we fed about 80% of the people there and it was a REAL big success. Instead of just being tire kickers - we contributed and it was appreciated, even made me get up in front of the group and give a bad impromptu description of us. got a round of applause when he said we supplied the food. everyone there wanted to know the web address - its too darn long - next year we can have cards printed to hand out.

this group has been doing this flyin for 19 years and they all pretty well know each other, this gave everyone a chance to meet new faces and enjoy. we must do it again next year.

I was worried that the head guy of cp might be annoyed with us doing this - nothing could have been further from the truth, he was shocked and amazed, and well, full after the 2 hour meal. it will become a tradition and it will allow us to try to organize more rides for builders in the future. i think that is why so many got rides on saturday night and sunday morning.

givers get.

More later - thanks again all for chipping in - great time
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 02-14-2006, 11:23 AM

Default Rough River Campsite Reservations

In case somebody wants to plan a family vacation around the Rough River Fly-in ("Gee honey, look at all these airplanes, I wonder where they came from?"), campsites in the state park can now be reserved starting tomorrow up to a year ahead of time on line or by phone, copy of press release with info is below. This is not required for camping at airport during the fly-in, but eliminates uncertainty for those who want to stay longer and have rugrats.

FRANKFORT, Ky. – Campers can choose from nearly 3,000 sites at 32 different state parks -- including the Kentucky Horse Park -- as the Kentucky Parks Department’s campground reservation system launches today. Reservations can be made by calling 1-888-4KYPARK and via the Internet at www.parks.ky.gov or www.ReserveAmerica.com, starting Feb. 15.

In the past, spaces at the campgrounds throughout Kentucky’s parks were distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. The uncertainty of that system discouraged many potential visitors. Park officials expect the new system to result in better use of the campgrounds, particularly those that have been under utilized.

Guests can reserve their sites up to a year in advance with a credit card. Reservations are allowed for stays of up to two weeks. Longer stays require a park manager’s approval. Sites that haven’t been reserved will continue to be available to “drop in” campers. A fee will be assessed for all canceled reservations.

“This system is in response to guest demand and the best practices of the industry,” said Dan Maenza, Director of Customer Service for the parks. "The fact that we were able to gather all this information and present it so quickly and so well is a great tribute to our employees. We’ve tried to do everything we can to help our guests through this transition.”

ReserveAmerica’s system allows campers to search for sites by features such as proximity to woods, water, and electrical hookups. The company has more than 8 million consumers utilize its service each year and has processed more than 25 million reservations for state and federal agencies. Campers can reserve from over 3,000 parks with more than 150,000 campsites.

The Kentucky State Park System is composed of 52 state parks plus an interstate park shared with Virginia. The Department of Parks, an agency of the Commerce Cabinet, operates 17 resort parks with lodges -- more than any other state. Each year, Kentucky parks draw 7 million visitors and contribute $317 million to the economy. For more information on Kentucky parks, visit our Web site at http://www.parks.ky.gov
Old 08-04-2006, 07:23 PM
G.Norman

Default Here we go Again!! Rough River 2006

Originally Posted by Sam Chambers via Canard Aviators Yahoo! mailing list
Well, OSH is history and now we are looking at the best canard fly-in on the planet coming up.
You are probably thinking; this guy's brain got fried at OSH, what the hell is he talking about?

Rough River, that's what I am talking about. Rough River is a laid-back, no schedule to follow-except for the dates the fly-in are scheduled-canard fly-in.

The location is Rough River State Park in Falls-of Rough, KY near Owensboro.
The identifier is 2I3 (2 India 3) and the runway is 2-20, 3200 feet.

Dates for this year's and subsequent fly-ins are:
2006 Sept 29, 30, Oct 1
2007 Sept 28, 29, 30
2008 Sept 26, 27, 28
2009 Sept 25, 26, 27

For additional information, see http://www.roughriver.org. Although the web site has not been updated, the logistical information is still valid. If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact Dave or me at the e-mail addresses found on the website or via this forum.

If someone would cross-post this to the other canard forums, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks and see you at Rough River!!

Sam and Phila Chambers
Dave and Betsy Russell
Co-hosts, Rough River Fly-In
Old 08-04-2006, 08:57 PM
mdswitzer

well, looks like I'm driving & will sleep under the F350 - our club's 182 & 172S are both signed out already for that weekend

I really need my own plane