Canard Community Forum  

Go Back   Canard Community Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > Great Threads that can plane help builders, lurkers and fliers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2004, 03:14 PM

Thanks Dust,

No, the bottoms of the tops aren't grooved. I just cut them to size and laid them down. Gravity, friction, and a couple nailes holds the top in place so far. I can always add more nails and I can always replace the top if it becomes so messed up that I have a problem working with it.

You might notice a stain on the top already. That was from cleaning some really large fish and some spilled on the table, no problem.

Again, it's currently in the stored configuration.

For some other thread...

Thanks for the helpful words for the un-progressing. You guys keep that kind of admonishment coming to those that appear to be stuck.

I wrote a 3-paragraph description of my building situation but this machine hung before I could send it. Maybe that was best. Bite my tongue and keep my secret. It has nothing to do with sewing-machines.

I expect to move back to Denver again at the end of the summer. Rick, is there still a glut of software guys back there? Java, J2EE, Corba, WebServices, and lotsa other things before it.

Last edited by tnt : 05-08-2004 at 12:03 AM.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:31 PM

Interesting thread. AlthoughI'll not be building in composites THIS time, there's always the next project to consider, and either way a good solid bench is still a must when building in metal.
If ya wanna look at a good solid mulitrole combat bench, have a look at the cozygirrrls' one!

Last edited by StRaNgEdAyS : 05-07-2004 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Adding a link
Old 05-10-2004, 09:58 AM
Plans # 1214.

Default Table size

I am preparing the build, so I am also faced with building the table.
I planned on building 2 tables size 80" x 48". Thus I can spit the 2 tables apart and assemble the fuselage upside down with the instrument panel between the 2 tables.
Has anyone thought of potential problems with this set-up?
Ron
Old 05-10-2004, 02:42 PM

Just to be clear, which way do you want to split the table? Along the longitudinal-axis or along the lateral-axis?
Old 05-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

In the past i had a 48" wide work table, non plane related and it was just tooooo wide, i have built 2 of these babies and 40 inches is wide enough, but 12 feet is needed if you can fit it
Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 05-10-2004, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust
In the past i had a 48" wide work table, non plane related and it was just tooooo wide, i have built 2 of these babies and 40 inches is wide enough, but 12 feet is needed if you can fit it
I disagree, IF you can get to both sides of it. The 48" really came in handy when assembling my fuse upside down using the Hicks method.

If you are going to sick it next to a wall then I would say that 40" is pretty well the limit. There's no way a normal human can use all that space from one side only.